From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:46:10 -0600
Hello Mark & All,
Mark wrote:
 As of today I had lost six out of thiry-five hives.  Three of the hives =
 had small clusters going into the winter, two displayed signs of =
 dysentary and the six loss is a mystery.

I was in Minnesota this week and saw first hand your winter weather.   Snow
piled high and snow over fence posts.  I made a stop in Nebraska on the way
back to pick up equipment and then drove on ice all the way to Omaha.
I would say you are doing ok as far as loss goes.  We are getting reports of
dysentary from all areas where the bees have been confined without cleansing
flights.   Hives with small clusters might have survived last winter but not
this winter.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri