From:
Ernie Huber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:21:32 -0500
Hi Peter,
You do realize, don't you, that collection gets the bees really riled up and continuous collection probably gets them really really riled up. Have you looked at the information that Michael Simics has published ? He has a company called Apitronic Services which sells collectors. He ran a course on collection at Apimondia in Dublin in 2005. He seemed very approachable and non-secretive. Let me know what you find out about Simics if you pursue that lead. I'd be curious if he is still in business because the last reference I saw on his web site was dated 2005. If you, or anyone, is interested, I have one of Simics'  early collectors that I've never used and would like to sell. My bees began going downhill just after 2005 from CCD-like symptoms and are just barely coming back now and I think I am no longer interested in venom collection- just getting healthy bees.
                                 Ernie Huber