From:
Kirk Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 23:14:50 -0400
>I was told that on National Public Radio the other night there was an
>interview with a Barb Shiffer a math prof. from somewhere. Apparently
>she has discovered that the bee dance can be discribed by some 6
>dimensional geometry equation. Did anyone catch this program that can
>discribe what she was talking about?
Once the bees are beyond a particular distance from the pollen source,
their dance changes into a six dimensional dance related to quantum
mechanics theory.  Prof. Schiffer recognized the pattern of the dance from
some bee books she had in her bedroom as a child, and was able to see the
connection between the six dimentionsal geometry she was teaching in her
math classes. quantum mechanics theory, and bee communication.  Neat, eh?

*Kirk Jones/ Sleeping Bear Apiaries /971 S. Pioneer Rd./Beulah,MI 49617
*Sharon Jones/ BeeDazzled Candleworks /6289 River Rd./ Benzonia, MI 49616
                        e-mail   [log in to unmask]