Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 15:17:39 -0400
> Do you have any evidence in support of the claim that application of oxytet upregulates any part of the immune response?

Not specifically, no. However

It has been shown that all antibiotics, regardless of their receptors and mode of action, exhibit the phenomenon of hormesis and provoke considerable transcription activation at low concentrations.

Studies have revealed that the changes in expression profiles induced by different antibiotics are very diverse and these changes can be detected in a wide range of genes not related to the target function.

Perhaps more importantly, many small molecule inhibitors identified thus far have been shown to exhibit contrasting properties when tested at low compared to high concentrations; this is the phenomenon of hormesis.

Davies, J., Spiegelman, G. B., & Yim, G. (2006). The world of subinhibitory antibiotic concentrations. Current opinion in microbiology, 9(5), 445-453.

Honestly, I have no objection to using TM as a growth promoter -- or to prevent known or unknown disorders. Unfortunately, such use is now illegal.

PLB