From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:14:58 -0500
> http://www.algonet.se/~beeman/research/cell-nf.htm

I remember this test! AKA  "the patchwork test"

OK Joe. Tell us again why a properly done test like the above is not valid
*in your opinion*.

>The study was basically a 'mite test' and not a 'cell
size test'.

The test was a post capping test. Michael Bush says over and over on
Beesource that small cell controls varroa because of a shorter post capping
time. The above test shoots holes in that hypothesis!

 > manage to find out what mites can do, but not what small cell can do as
it relates to the colony as a single organism.

Same old song and dance. In other words who needs small cell. My bees are
doing great on the size they are on!

  >It is really unbelievable that the scientists at the Swedish
University performed this cell size study failed to understand this basic
fundamental knowledge

The study answered the question of post capping time. What part of that do
you not understand?

 Joe said:
>From my experience that it is NOT cell size alone
contributing to my success.

I personally doubt cell size has anything to do with your success as cell
size has nothing to do with my success. First it was cell size controlled
varroa and now cell size cures all the current beekeeping problems.

I need to see some proof before I go to melting comb and making my own
foundation. Downsizing a couple times. Go back to wiring frames. only use
feral queens of unknown origin.

  >During my 3rd year of regression, I found that the
commercial queens I had were performing so poorly on
small cell in comparison to the ferals, I decapitated
every commercial queen I had and requeened with a
feral.

Feral what. Queens which swarmed from beekeepers hives headed by commercial
bought queens? Again with the mystery feral magic queen from unknown origin.

You have got the right to your opinions but so far you are not putting up a
convincing argument Joe! I think if I ran a test of small cell and the
results did not come out as you liked you would say I did not do the test
correctly. Perhaps why researchers have not done the testing. I see nothing
wrong with the above post capping test. Quite a bit of work went into the
test!

Bob