From:
William Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 09:24:38 -0400
People that keep bees are different.  First, many people have a fear of most any kind of bug.  It used to be that many of us worked and lived outside and came in contact with all kinds of creatures.  Not so today.  I remember the first hive I had.  I brought it home and it sat for a few days until I decided it was time to look inside to see what I had.

I removed the outer cover and lifted the inner cover.  When I saw all those bees and knowing that most of them could sting me, I quickly closed it back up.  That was 40 some years ago.

There is no question that bees are interesting.  Of course I learned about the bees, but many other things: apitherapy, cooking with honey, woodworking, marketing and many nectar producing plants.

But what is it that makes us different?  If you go to party and meet a doctor and you tell him it hurts when I do this, he will say call my office and make an appointment.  If you have plumber nearby and you tell him your hot water tank is leaking, he will say call my office tomorrow and they will send somebody out.
If you meet a beekeeper and you ask him/her a question, they will tell you everything they know and it is all for free.

Billy Bee