From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:44:01 -0500
I always like to read what "the competition" or "the opposition" says, as it
adds perspective.
Here's what the proponents of the most ridiculous example of the far other
end of the spectrum from the "Flow" concept have to say:

http://naturalbeekeepingtrust.wordpress.com/2015/02/16/the-culmination-of-ca
llousness-updated/
http://tinyurl.com/ncchlgh

As usual, the truth is likely to be found somewhere well away from both
extremes, but it was not so long ago that Canadian beekeepers would not even
overwinter their colonies, on the excuse that it did not make economic sense
to do so.

As such, I doubt that the "Flow" honey super is the far extreme example of
"callousness" it is made out to be.  We can reserve the title of "most
callous" for those who persist in the magical thinking surrounding their
single-handed efforts in "trying to re-route course of evolution, two dead
hives at a time" (bon mot stolen from "Metro Propolis" of Calgary, AB)