Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:10:22 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
This message has been edited to remove quotes of the entire previous message, plus headers and footers.
Please read the BEE-L Guidelines before posting or replying to messages.  The URL is is the footer of every outgoing BEE-L message.
---

From Peter Kevan

I taught the highly popular course Introductory Apiculture here at the University of Guelph for many years.  The enrollment rose over the period from fewer than 100 students to over 400 per year.  The course is really an introductory entomology course that uses honeybees in the main as the example.  The book I developed from course notes and student feedback has been received very well.  It is too detailed for the students on a a 2-day course, but may be useful to you as instructor, and some students who are keen to learn more may be interested in getting it.  The book is made up of many short chapters (there are a couple of longer ones) that provide the information in "bite-size" bits.  It was written for the distance education version of the course at the University of Guelph. Thus, it follows the curriculum of that course.

Please look the book over as far as you can at the publishers/printers web site where you can buy on-line

Bees, Biology & Management.  www.volumesdirect.com or, if you prefer I have some copies that are listed for sale on Amazon.ca (the price is the same).  Volumesdirect would be quicker.

Cheers,

Peter

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2