From:
Carmenie Stemmler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:24:17 -0800
Hi all,

Here is a question I hope someone can give me help on.

A neighbor planted 5 acres of GRIM alfalfa, one of the
5 orginal varieties of alfalfa.  He wants to take the
seed of this year, and so needs something to pollinate
it.

Will honey bees to the job, and if so how many hives?

Some say that cutter bees are needed on todays
varieties of alfalfa, because honey bees have been so
bred that the honey bee cannot get its tongue in the
flower.  Is this true?  And where can they be
obtained?

I appreciate any help you can give me on this subject.

Regards,

Carmenie