From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:49:55 -0400
 Well that's some very impressive math work Randy , you left me behind ,lol. I can say first hand that some of the packers use very good labs, and maintain standards for Hfcs .
I had the end lot of my fall honey rejected by a large packer in Lancaster Pa , it was the last five drums out of about 60 for the fall, in 2008. We had not feed any bees since mid summer as splits and had no supers on the bees at that time.
The Hfcs had to have been moved up from the brood nest in enough of and amount to show up as detectable.  A friend of mine had the same problem with bees that had been fed in almonds then brought back to florida before making citrus honey.

So even being honest and feeding your bees when needed can put you in a position of having rejected honey.

A foot note since it was mentioned about Florida's purity law, I feel it's made it harder on me to prove  purity when all my honey is tested, but I have yet to see or hear of it having any weight on imports (which is how it was touted and sold down the river to beekeepers here).

These idea's all seem noble in there beginning, but seem to do little other than make it harder for locals to do business while the imports just keep pouring in through trans shipments and mis labeling with my bottom line costing more and more to meet standards that only apply to here in the good ole USA.
If you have ever opened up a drum of Mexican honey fresh out of a container, and seen the dead bees on top of it  ,those pushing purity would not focus on the  USA,  first but imports