From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:59:43 -0400
good point as always Peter,

clearly though the non commercial interests are never considered. they are treated as a joke. i beleive
that 1000's of small beeks can provide regional markets with a high quality product and do it more
profitably then selling honey in a drum. there is alot more positive for local benefits to consider in
that scenario then large migratory operations.

i do not beleive that our government should allow imports of bees, lets solve our problems internally
and work towards a sustainable honeybee industry thats all inclusive. i hear nothing but band aid
fixes being floated to address the migratory and pollination concerns.

Does anyone else here beleive we owe a almond grower help if he over planted and has no plan for
pollination? come on where is the self responsibility?  if that indudstry is anything like our apple
industry here its all about relationships. most growers here have relationships with beekeepers and
consider that when they add acreage.  over planting is not the nations problem. i don't think any
children will be dying from starvation if CA almond production drops.