From:
Al Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 20:17:17 -0800
Andy Nachbaur wrote:

> Maybe we should all ask how old were you when the first open air A-Bomb
> was set off, and how old were you when it was stopped, and how old will
> you be when the government admits any liability for any damage done.

Andy, as a retired "Fed", I can tell you that I will be turned into dirt
by the worms before the government admits liability for anything they
did within my lifetime or maybe even my father's lifetime. Maybe, just
maybe, they might >"fess" up soon< about that stuff they made Civil War
Bullets with!

Around here, I can recall they conducted a mighty aerial spray a few
years ago because too many citizens complained about those pesky little
buggy stingy type things harassing them in their yards. They assured us
that it would only get the "soft bodied" type of bugs. Come that August,
when my Hydrangeas were in bloom and the din from the squadrons of
BumbleBees usually were cause for wearing ear plugs - there wasn't a
buzz from anything - soft or hard bodied! It was like a nuclear disaster
- made me think of that movie where the sub was sent out from Australia
to investigate potential sound of life in Los Angeles and it turned out
to be a shade hitting a morse code key in the breeze or something like
that. Anyway, nothing alive was moving in L.A or was it San Francisco?

A "short :)" way of saying I am in general agreement with your thoughts!

Al
--
*   Al Needham - Scituate,MA,USA - [log in to unmask]  *
* >"The HoneyBee"-An Educational Software Program V2.0< *