From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:33:05 -0600
Well, I think I just spent an hour or more confirming my first impression
unless there is something I missed.  The edits at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/articles/hygienic_test.htm gave me a good
look.

Some hives seemed to have older queens and there were some toxicity or
disease problems with some combs.  Some hives look to be somewhat challenged
generally.  I did not see much change from one shot to the next, and all
seemed to remove the marked groups except hive twelve, which missed a few.

I think also that you have too much paint on your hives, that they are too
neatly marked... and they are too level. It is well known that bees prefer
old, tattered equipment leaning at crazy angles, and that any markings be in
crayon or pencil -- and illegible.