From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:14:56 -0500
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26563774-3102,00.html

clearly there is an ongoing infestation of Apis Cerana in Australia. Can someone explain to me why ABF or AHPA has not taken a public stand?

I sent each organization an email asking this question and have not heard back yet.

What gets me is the packages primarily come into CA during a time when we have migratory operations in almonds. So *when* there is a transfer of some new problem it will quickly be disseminated across the nation. How foolish is our industry?

What action is needed in Washington to put an end to these importations?

Between this issue and the continuing legal use of Checkmite in my view it  makes our industry look like a bunch of short term hay seeds who can't see beyond tomorrow.

Yet we keep seeing the disappearing bee news articles that make beekeepers look like innocent, unwitting victims of some unknown and uncontrollable calamity.