From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:02:08 -0400
Not being an aficionado on maple syrup I don't know if there are varietal or regional variations. I am aware of the fact that there are many opinions, eh. My experience is not extensive but maple syrup and candy has not made me a fan. Honey on the other hand has many floral sources and a wide spectrum of flavor profiles. Starthistle, orange blossom or real sweet clover on good cakes is sublime. I consider myself an expert but as always more research is needed. On the other hand buckwheat honey on buckwheat cakes is at best an acquired taste.

They are "hot cakes" after all so good thick room temp honey will spread freely and give the weak the strength to carry on. As happenstance has it I just finished a full stack with blue berries and starthistle and am fired up and ready to go.

Paul