From:
BEE-L Moderation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:05:33 -0500
Thanks to all who remember to add a " or a > before quotes and to reduce
quotes from previous messages to a minimum in replies.  Things are looking up!

Below is a message that had to be trimmed to eliminate a lot of quoted junk
at the end that would clog our archives, but was too good to sent to the bit bucket.

The Moderators

---
From: Gene Zajicek
Re: [BEE-L] Photographing frames

I teach at a course on photo manipulation at our local adult education
(OLLI) and one of the programs that I show is Autostitch.
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~brown/autostitch/autostitch.html   It is a free demo
that will stitch together photos in any order and is fairly straight
forward.  You can only do one stitch at a time and the download is only good
for a few months but you can redownload and continue to use it.  There are
some options that you can set and it will overwrite the first stitch photo
if you do a second so the name has to be changed. The web site that I gave
above covers the process and also has some links to a license version if you
decide that you want more options.  I do own the Autopano program that is
cited and it works very well.  I have stitched over a hundred photos to just
see how well it manages it.  It took a couple of hours to render but it can
do the trick and the results are very good.