From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2018 06:52:41 -0700

> > I don't recall ever seeing brood uncapped in what I call a bald-face
> situation - where the brood was white with pink to purple eyes looking up
> out of partially uncapped cells.  In fact, I think that for me this
> condition has only become prevalent in the last three to five years.

Ditto here Mike--I first started noticing it around 10 years ago, when I
first started selecting for colonies that had lower mite counts.
Surprisingly, in recent years I'm not noticing it as much.  I'm curious as
to whether the uncapping has an effect upon the humidity within the cell
that might affect unsclerotized mites.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA