From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:16:05 -0600
Hello Wayne & All,

Perhaps this might read like a direct email but I think the list might find
interesting.

>How are things going for you Bob

I have got another hernia! same place as the last five years ago! Going to
get  surgery between the arrival of package bees and the start of honey
extracting!

>.I remember a few years ago you were looking for some type of marine glue
to mend your bee net on your truck.

I found the glue you recommended and got a patch from Meyer in Nebraska.

>When I saw your name I remembered doing that.

Welcome back to BEE-L. I have been known to post on BEE-L from time to time.

>How are you making out as far as any bee losses are concerned?

I had some Missouri hives starve in February. We had a six week cold spell
at a time we normally don't see that kind of cold. The bees had honey but
did not move to the side to the honey. Wrapping or a candy board would have
saved those hives. Most had syrup in the feeder but did not move to the
feeder. All were alive before the cold snap.

Dead with head in cells means "starve" in my book!

Others are strong and ready to split.

>With these problems I have more or less decided to retire,and spend my
winters on the West coast of Florida near Hommassa if I spelled that right.

I am in Florida often. Once you get settled email me a contact number and I
will look you up.

>I do keep an eye on them,and haven`t seen
any hint of varroa at all.

I would test as once you see varroa the load can be high. Especially when
most are in cells.

>In the past I kept in touch with George Fergussion in Maine.Have you seen
him posting at all?

George posts on BEE-L but mostly on another list I monitor but rarely post
on.

>I would like to write to him,but I don`t know if he is
still around.

I bet when he sees your  post he will contact you. If not I doubt George
would mind if I sent you his email address from my address book.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Missouri

--