From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 21:58:26 +0100
Hello Dee Lusby and All

Well said Dee. I believe that there are few on the List who will deep down
disagree with you.

But all that it takes to get you off this treadmill is you. Again I think of
the beekeepers in the relatively 'hive pollution free' countries like my own
and New Zealand and Australia eventually. These beekeepers can avoid the
doping of the hives from day one, and never get on the treadmill in the
first place. I am presently carrying out checking for varroa, in apiaries
where I have not yet found varroa, without Bayvarol. In the apiary where I
have varroa I have two or three hives continuously monitoring for varroa
level, again without Bayvarol - natural mite fall.

I feel that the tide is slowly turning against the chemicals.

Sincerely
Tom Barrett
Dublin
Ireland