Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:30:09 -0500
These threads always end up the same way with the same cast of
characters playing their roles in a consistent but often irrational
way.

But what always gets my dander up, is the lack of science and the
leaps that occur with no foundation.

Medhat gave an excellent presentation at the Maine State Beekeepers
annual meeting. Simply put, if you control Varroa and Nosema you will
be a successful beekeeper. Period. That has been my observation.

I had the privileged to watch Tony Jadczak one summer in the blueberry
fields.The one thing that came across to me was that these
professional beekeepers that had hundreds and thousands of hives were
not what I expected. They were about as ignorant as I was as to what
was actually going on in their hives.

So I was not surprised when some of these same large commercial
beekeepers blamed things out of their control for their losses when
the real reasons were well within their control.

We can argue here forever about sub-micro-invisible particle that
destroy the bees immune system since there is no data to back up our
supposition. But we refuse to look at the obvious, which was pointed
out by Medhat, because, if we did, then our failures point directly to
us as beekeepers.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine