Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:19:30 -0400
On another note this year what seemed to be just one colony has
gradually swept thru my home apiary---Chalk brood. About six or seven
out of 15 to 17 colonies have it or have had it. I haven't seen it in
any of the out apiaries, except in one other hive originally from the
home yard which first went to apple pollination, then into a new yard I
just set up in early April. Just noticed this about a week and a half
ago. For this colony, I did some heavy duty weed cutting and removed a
few more light shade trees (one small black walnut and several staghorn
sumacs) so all the colonies in that small apiary (8 or 9 colonies)
receive sun for nearly most of the day.

Thank you for any comments,
Alf Bashore