From:
Baker's Bees <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2017 15:20:02 -0600
> On Aug 5, 2017, at 12:06 PM, randy oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>> Otherwise you could treat an empty box, install some bees and get good
>> mite kill.
>>

> David, do you have any evidence that that does not work with vaporization?

I have no evidence one way or the other.

I had one customer that said that he vaporized the empty box and frames (brand new equipment) before he installed the bees and credited his current low mite levels to that, but the customer (1st-year beekeeper) did it out of ignorance more than design. He thought that he was killing the mites in the empty equipment so his bees wouldn’t be infected.

No mite counts were performed anytime near the installation.

David Baker
To Bee or Not To Bee
Denver, CO USA