From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:00:37 -0400
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:41:44 -0500, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>None of know how long breeding a nosema ceranae tolerant bee might take.
>Over 20 years for varroa tolerant and still not the forever varroa tolerant
>bee.

We might have that bee already - the russian bee. I don't have any data to support my statement but
the Russians I wintered and others in the region don't appear to have high spores counts and winter
very very well.

If this bee coexisted with the varroa mite for 160 years that jumped host from Apis Ceranae why
would they not also have been exposed to Nosema Ceranae?