From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:52:29 +0100
Walter Zimmermann asked:

> Last , it was pointed out that this sterilization method [with acetic
> acid] is in many books.
> Can someone post those sources of reference.

Most books in the UK give this as standard.  I found it in Hooper (Guide to
Bees and Honey); Hooper and Morse (Encyclopaedia of Beekeeping) and Bailey
(Honey Bee Pathology), but could, no doubt, find more references if I
looked.

On the safety issue, I could add that formic acid (the next one up the
chain) is more dangerous that acetic (I am not  implying that acetic should
not be handled with great care!).

Best wishes

Peter Edwards
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/