From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 03:58:53 -0300
 "Those colonies treated with acetic acid, the control colonies and those
put on just honey comb were all reporting about a 50% loss late in November.
The colonies that had been irradiated showed a 70% survival rate

I wonder how were those combs? Dry or with some capped honey? If the latter
I know for my own experiments that acetic fumes can not penetrates the honey
and the spores keep in there. Acetic treatment only work on dry combs.

I rise this question cause I understand that we are talking about
sterilizing combs from CCD deadouts, and we also know that those combs have
some honey in them because "no other predator got in the hive for robbing
that honey for a while.

If the above is true the experiment is not well formulated, nor the
treatment with acetic acid.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.