From:
"Dr. Thomas Wiese" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:42:33 -0600
I am a biochemist who raised ~10 hives when I was in high school ~30
years ago in the golden age of beekeeping.   I have not had the chance
to keep bees during my training though I do have a hive built (without
foundation) and ready for a chance if I find a place to start again.  I
got into bees from watching my grandmas brother.  He spoke 'Norenglish'
(Norwegian English) so I didn't learn all from him that I could have.  I
remember him going out and sitting in his bee yard, watching and
listening, and then getting up and doing things to some of the hives
based on his observations.  I am very sure a lot of knowledge went to
his grave with him.  I relay that anecdote to make that point that
although a number of people made comments about being intimidated about
joining the discussion, every person has something worthwhile to
contribute, even if they are a small time beekeeper with a 3rd grade
education.  I post very seldom due to time constraints and read posts as
digests so often when I have the knowledge to contribute someone else
has already chimed in.  I do learn a lot from the debates and
observations.  May this find you all well.

On 12/13/2010 11:00 PM, BEE-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Re: Who reads BEE-L anyways?

Sincerely,

Dr. Thomas J. Wiese;                             Treasurer, 2010 MWRM
Professor of Chemistry
415 Lyman, TH351
Fort Hays State University
Hays, KS 67601
(785) 628-4505
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

This message and any attachments should be considered confidential and
is for the intended recipient only. No copying, forwarding or other
distribution or mailing is intended or allowed. This message may contain
privileged or classified information, and should be treated in a manner
that will maintain the appropriate level of secrecy.
If you have received this message in error, please reply to that effect
to the sender and delete this message.