From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 23:38:03 -0400
I think the information on oils for mites is just too new
for legitimate comments.  I have put wintergreen in my syrup
feeders this fall.  I'll let you all know in the spring...
It's too big a problem to ignore though.

I used baggie feeders for the first time (per a suggestion
here) which sit on the inner cover.  A baggie filled with
syrup, with razor slits cut in the top after it is laid down.
Neat idea.

I did find one problem.  After they took the first baggie of
regular syrup down (very quickly) I put new bags on with the
wintergreen/syrup mixture.  The oil separates from the syrup
and rises to the top, and (being concentrated,) kills some
bees.

Any ideas on how to deliver the oil in syrup without it
separating???

Tanx muchly!

Gerry Visel