From:
michael palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 18:36:51 -0500
I think the most important things would be to insulate the inner cover, and have
an upper entrance. Moisture will be your biggest problem. Insulating the inner
cover will prevent condensation above the cluster. You can use hay or straw, or
dry leaves. Use an empty super to hold it. Close the inner cover's bee escape
hole with a square of tar paper or duct tape. This will keep the insulation dry.
Don't use fiberglass insulation! I use a 16x20 inch piece of styrofoam, but maybe
you don't want to invest money in a once in a while situation.