From:
James Plaisted <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:15:37 -0400
Jerry

The fencers I have tried include the 50-75 mile varitey, put out by Parmark, and also Zebra, an about half a dozen other brands.  The problem is they peak at about 5000-6000 volts.  In order to deter bears, you need to be in the 7500-10,000 volt range.  The lesser voltage will deter the less presistant bears, but won't stop the really persistant bears, which I have....unless I can get a bead on him...The solar charger was one made by Parmark, top of the line for solar fencers, an it lasted just over the warrenty period, about 2 years.  Gotta be a better way.

Jim

http://www.northernqueens.com/