From:
Scot Mc Pherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:08:12 -0600
It seems to be that although all persons involved in this discussion
seem to have only one thing in common, and that is that neither camp
seems to be able to discount the other other's views.

I continue to stand in the middle or around both camps and fervently
assert that both odor and dance, as well as color, floral brilliance,
food value and geography, play into the successful ability of these bees
to find and gather as much forage as possible.

I am certain that although each component contibutes independently, that
all together each contributes to a system that increases their
independent and collective success.

Evolution VERY rarely create useless anomolies, and each function of the
bee's behavior is VERY likely a useful component in a successful system.
That success is which without reproach, as all members here are also
very likely to agree. The bee does its job very well.

--
Scot Mc Pherson
The Mc Pherson Family Honey Farms