From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:08:38 -0600
Hello Peter & All,

> I am not saying it doesn't, but shouldn't there be some evidence provided,
> Bob?

Imidacloprid is found in in all parts of the plant. Chemical companies do
not deny the fact.  Although they kind of did at first ( from transcripts of
the France imidacloprid issue I read ) .

Other insecticides which we have used for years are a very different breed
of insecticide. Early attempts at systemic pesticides like *timek* were
failures.

I am going to ear mark this post and in a few years we will visit the
subject again and see if neonicotinoids have been a problem. Too early in
neonicotinoid history for proof now. If I was wrong in my *opinion*then I
will say so!

I can not provide proof they are not safe long term and the chemical
companies can not provide proof the neonicotinoids are safe long term.

dealing with problem chemicals is not new for chemical companies. ( Bayer
sells temik systemic pesticide now banned in the U.K. ) temik is still
available in the U.S. despite the huge number of lawsuits from the people
poisoned ( over a 100 documented cases) from eating watermelons on which the
systemic pesticide temik was used. Also found in high enough amounts for the
state of Florida to limit the temik use on citrus.

From what I have read doing my research I would move fast to ban temik use
on citrus completely but only my opinion. I think will happen if a consumer
dies!

To use the auto industry as an example. We had a young highway patrol
officer burn to death in his patrol car (Ford crown Victoria ) a couple
years ago. 100's of people have died the same way from rear end collisions
in crown vics. Ford came out with a protective shield which Ford said would
prevent the fires. The young highway patrolman's car had one of these
installed before the crash. Highway patrolmen forced to drive crown vics all
park their crown vics with the rear end pointed to the outside back ( rear
of car pointed away from road)  when
doing a traffic stop for a very good reason.

In short the gas tank needs
relocated but there has been many other gas tank location problems. Ford
pinto and Chevy truck are two in which many many people were burned to death
in their vehicles. The auto companies simply are content to pay the law
suits rather than solve the problem. The Ford pinto, older chevy trucks and
the current long run of crown vics never had the gas tank locations changed.
Efforts to get the gas tanks relocated on crown vics has been unsuccessful.

Evidence exists that chemical companies and drug companies work on the same
principal as the auto companies.

Will honey bees be collateral damage from neonicotinoids? Time will tell.

bob

--
believed to be clean.