From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:18:38 -0300
This two news are the future ... we should be implementing around the world.

www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-25/bee-app-farmers/5766258

The plant science industry's peak body has developed a smartphone app which
allows farmers to let beekeepers know where chemicals are being sprayed.

http://csironewsblog.com/2014/09/25/bees-backpacking-in-brazil/

How do bees in the Amazon jungle compare to those in Tasmania? They get up
earlier, for a start.

Paulo de Souza and his team have been tracking bees in the two regions
using tiny backpack sensors as part of our Swarm Sensing Project to gather
biological and ecological data to improve honey bee health.

The tiny backpacks are just a quarter of a centimetre square and are fitted
to the back of the bees.