From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:25:52 -0400
Karen said "My friend has had a bee supply store for ever and the attic of
the shop is full of wooden parts from every type of frame invented so we
plan to use some up for drone frames."

It is far easier, and only a little more expensive, to use standard frames
and wax foundation made specfically for drone cells.  Betterbee sells the
wax foundation and others may as well.  This avoids the expense of the
plastic 'foundation', and the bees draw it out without hesitation.  I have
used some such frames for over ten years, with 3-4 freezing cycles a year.

Lloyd