From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:47:36 -0700
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Dan Mayer has joined with us at The
University of Montana to form a National Pesticide Laboratory.  As many of
you know, Dan is arguably the U.S. expert on pesticides and bees.  We, on
the other hand, have some of the best equipment and facilities for the
conduct of laboratory and field studies of bees and environmental
stressors, as well as 30 years of experience in the investigation of a wide
array of environmental and toxic chemicals with respect to effects on bee
colonies.

Dan 'retired' from his position at Prosser and moved to Montana.  Since
then, we've been working together on a variety of pesticide related issues,
such as the questions about Imidicloprid and the Minnesota hybrid popular
tree plantations. We seem to be having some effect -- EPA will host a
workshop this winter on the nicotinic pesticides, and a wide array of
agencies and groups have agreed to meet in Missoula next summer for a
National Forum on Pesticides and Pollinators.

We will offer our pesticide consulting, investigation, and research
services via two sources:

1) Through the University of Montana for basic research in pesticide and
related issues.

2) Through Bee Alert Technology, Inc.  -- our new company that has received
approval from the Montana Board of Regents.  Bee Tech has license rights to
methods and equipment developed through the University, and with Regental
approval, we have consider flexibility in how we conduct work.

One of our key reasons for establishing a company is so that we can conduct
proprietary research for the beekeeping industry and/or enact research that
might require us to present the results in a variety of forums, including
litigation.  The other reason for forming a company was so that we could
transition into the market place the methods and equipment that we have
developed over the past years.

Overall, our goal is to provide high quality research and factual
information necessary for dealing with current problems.  Together, Dan, I,
and Dr. Henderson, our quantitative ecologist and experimental design
expert, bring over 80 years of practical experience to this topic.

We look forward to working closely with the beekeeping industry on
pesticide-related problems.

Sincerely,

Jerry Bromenshenk  [log in to unmask]
Colin Henderson [log in to unmask]