Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:02:11 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Bob:
Thank you very much for the practical and positive outlook, despite the general pesimism inherent to the BEE-L.  I do realize that most beeks are pessimistic and down as a means of discouraging others from discovering their pot of gold and becoming competitors.  The same ones that complain the most have told me of their tremendous fortunes as beeks, but they will only admit it off-line.
I agree with you - now is a dicey time to dive into commercial beekeeping, though I know a few young individuals who have recently made that decision.  I offer them nothing but encouragement because I know from my own experience that almost all of my successes were possible by my ignorance of just how difficult they would be to achieve.  If I had all the negatives displayed before me at the outset, I would not have embarked, and instead sought more probable successes.  One who is commited, positive and can-do will overcome the obstacles and succeed.
As the French say, "Bon Courage." <translates "good courage.">
Both the ABF and AHPA have difficulty with some old timers being perpetually negative and discouraging, regardless of how good market conditions really are.  How do you attract and train a younger generation of beeks when the veterans don't want anyone to see or hear anything except "the sky is falling."

Eric-the-optimistic-sidliner-in-Howe, TX

* General Information About BEE-L is available at: *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm   *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2