From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:48:20 -0500
Bob and Randy,
I was trying gently to get an indication on what is the real status
behind the comment that Bob made - to no avail !

Having been involved with pesticide problems in France and the work
undertaken to rectify the situation, yes it is easy to fall into the
"them and us" attitude regarding release of information.

I feel that a situation is developing where mistrust is being generated
between researchers and field beekeepers. If so, IMHO, this must be
dealt with.
Open access is essential to who, why, what is being done, discussed and
debated. No point in feeding half truths to a critical sector especially
if it is the one actually suffering.

Ag. companies may want rumours to develop. We need genuine and wholesome
facts.
Which company funded what, if at all? - what was indicated, if anything?
and if funding was pulled, why?

Cut the smoke please!

Regards to all,

Peter