From:
Christopher Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:20:43 EST
I'm glad somebody else is reading Wedmore.  It is the only one of my bee books
that I keep within arm's length of this machine.  Ken Hoare ribs me for my
reliance on it but he hasn't told me I am wrong.  I am glad Tom got his from
his library.  My practice when a new book is out is to request it from the
local library.  If I think the cost/ benefit makes it worthy to grace my
shelves I will buy my own.  If a book is worth reading, it is worth reading
twice.
One book I requested was Queen Breeding for Amateurs by Abbott.  The local
library didn't have it in stock so they asked around and got one from
Devonshire.  According to the date stamps I was the first person to have
borrowed it since 1948.  I liked it so bought my own copy for one pound
sterling.
Chris Slade