From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:42:46 -0500
> Here is a fairly detailed description of mammalian absorption and metabolism of Imidacloprid for instance:

That paper is pretty rough sledding! I usually look at the abstract and conclusions first, because they tend to summarize what the authors *think* they are saying. Even these were difficult. I did find this interesting nugget:

> A chronic exposure assessment using residues equal to the established tolerances for individual or combinations of commodities is not conducted, because it is highly improbable that an individual would habitually consume single or multiple commodities with pesticide residues at tolerance levels.

This seems to be saying you couldn't eat enough of the stuff to reach the tolerance levels. Also, it is widely known that the benefits of eating fresh fruits and vegetables are substantial, so avoiding them because of low levels of pesticides would no doubt cause more harm than eating them. Further, consuming vitamins is no substitute for the benefits of fresh fruit and vegetables: