From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:09:50 -0500
> This year there is no big dieoff (except in the mind
> of Jim Fischer) this year. Jim Fischer email box full
> of CCD reports?

> I guess I will have to get my "hacker" to hack into
> Jim Fischer's email & voice mail.( kidding Jim but
> send me a name!).

Bob Harrison is apparently desperate for "a list", but
certainly must realize that it is not my place to list
names.

If beekeepers want to "go public", they will.
But without specific permission, I don't think anyone
should presume to announce someone else's problems to
the world.  It may be that they would rather not have
their problems known, so that they can quietly
arrange for subcontracts to allow them to meet their
pollination commitments.

As for the "60 Minutes" and "Nature" programs, I
watched both, and was not at all impressed with
either.  Both strayed from the simple facts, and
indulged in "scary scenarios" just in time for
Halloween.

"Nature" often produces fine programs about science
and the R&D process.  That wasn't one of them.