From:
bill bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 10:36:44 -0400
Waldemar wrote:
>>>I tried WD40, carburetor cleaner, starting fluid (ether) and alcohol.
>
> I'd think that of the 3, alcohol would evaporate quickly and leave no
> residue that could affect the bees after the hive is closed up.

Billy Bee:
I think you are right.  There would be no residue to affect the bees but
there is some residue from the alcohol mixing with the bees wax and propolis
that has to be washed off with soap and water.  I wouldn't worry too much
about making the observation hive to clean because the bees are going to
build brace comb again anyway.