From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 02:39:29 EDT
On Mon, 21 Oct 1996 23:14:46 -0600 Steven Albritton
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>How do you melt  and seperate wax in a boiler?

Steve,

   You didn't say how mych you had to do, but here's what I do.  Use a
water jacket or double boiler so the heat does not go too high.  This
will darken the wax.  I also add some hydrogen peroxide to the wax to
help lighten it.  If I don't have too much (more than one pot full,) I
just heat it up until it is melted, and then let it cool right back down.
 The dark substance ("slumgum") will settle to the bottom of the wax,
where it can be cut off

   I'm sure there are better ways, but this works for me, (5 hives
worth.)

   Good luck!