From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:24:14 EST
Allen Dick wrote:
> Visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Analog/

I sincerely hope the counter on that web page is broken 'casue when I
got there it was set at 23.  TWENTY THREE!!!

Seriously folks, check it out!!  You will find proposed action to
address what some perceive as the top of the list of the top problems
facing today's beekeepers, honey adulteration!!!

Last week, Walter Patton posted to BEE-L a wake up call to ALL
beekeepers warning of the threat to "pure honey" posed by
Dhampur Invertos Ltd and their product "Honey Analog".  I was AMAZED
that there was no response to Walter's post!!!  Let me reiterate
Walter's wake up call, "WAKE UP FOLKS!!!".  If you're appalled by the
price you're paid for your honey today, imagine what you'll be paid if
unscrupulous packers can suddenly stretch your honey twice as far!?!?

Many people often complain that politics don't belong on BEE-L and there
are times when I am forced to agree.  But this is one time where BEE-L
NEEDS to be political.  As producers we cannot sit back while
Dhampur Invertos Ltd promotes "Honey Analog", recommending that it be
used 1:1 with pure honey while consumers will be none the wiser.
"Honey Analog" is to honey as processed cheese food is to the cheese
industry and immitation maple syrup is to the pure maple syrup industry.

Imagine jars of adulterated honey on grocers' shelves selling for 69
cents!!!  Having problems making a living when you receive 50 cents or
less a pound today?  How will you make it at 25 cents, perhaps less?
This is the spectre that "Honey Analog" presents.  This is not an issue
to be ostrichcized by sticking your head in the sand!!!

Aaron Morris - thinking Act, and act now!