From:
Tim Damon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 00:59:09 -0500
----------
From: SHolisky <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Skunks
Date: Sunday, March 16, 1997 10:24 PM

Best so far is that I9ve had a couple of owls spend fall /
winter above the hives, as Canada grows colder ;-) .Now
there9s natural control.

----------
   Now there may be a good idea! How about those Owl Decoys that can be
purchased at hunting supply stores or at some gardening/farm supply stores.
I think that they are used in crow hunting and to keep certain pests out of
a garden. I have a terrible problem with skunks here in my home beeyard. I
have been live trapping them and releasing them 9 - 10 miles away. In the
past 2 years, I have moved 21 of the critters with no sign of them letting
up. Just last week there was skunks at the hives on several nights. I will
give this a try and let you know if it has any effect.

Tim Damon
Ann Arbor, MI