From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 07:58:59 +1100
> I am trying to update Beekeeper's Handbook, and need a list of current bee
> schools here and abroad.  These are courses taught to prepare beekeepers
> for becoming commercial concerns, not one or two classes.  I know Cardiff
> used to have one, is it still in business? Anyone else?

New Zealand Certificate in Apiculture

A one year residential training programme in beekeeping is available
at the Telford Rural Polytechnic. Trainees receive supervised
experience under commercial conditions, as well as being involved in
other agricultural and engineering activities. A bursary in support of
the programme is provided each year by the beekeeping industry trust
funds. The Certificate in Apiculture is also available to a selected
number of overseas students.

Correspondence Course

A two year self-study programme, leading to the New Zealand
Certificate in Apiculture, is also offered by Telford Rural
Polytechnic. The course consists of a series of written,
self-contained modules and several short courses held in different
venues around the country.

Contact:
Nick McKenzie
     Telford Rural Polytechnic
     Private Bag
     BALCLUTHA
     ph +64 3 4181550
     fax +64 3 4183584

I know they have an email addr, but can't find it just now.

  (\      Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-   home [log in to unmask]
  (/      work [log in to unmask]
NZ Beekeeping http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/nickw/nzbkpg.htm