Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:52:18 GMT
>>...coming in through little holes in the
mortar.... put some Sevin powder in a soda bottle with a straw... then blow... They will generally carry it further into the hole by
them selves.

I'd be concerned about inserting pesticides into the walls of my dwelling.  Structures breathe and some of the stuff is bound to get inside the living space.  Particularly, in the winter time.  I'm not saying you'll get ill right away but who knows the side effects overtime...  Allergies and cancer seem to be on the rise...

Modern homes especially are built air tight to conserve energy.  However, there's a real concern about the effects of the outgassing of building materials into the air inside that people breathe.

If you have holes in your structure that yellow jackets use to get in, why not just block them with mortar or caulk?  Sure, they may find another hole to egress but then you block that one until they are trapped.  To me, mechanical barriers beat chemical applications.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY