From:
Kathy Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:18:08 -0500
Brian asked:

>CDD according to whom?

if you contact me off list, I will forward contact
information, however the conditions he described; rapid
depopulation of adult bees and many frames with good
sealed brood pattern were consistent with the tag term 'CCD'.
Though relatively low local numbers of colonies
per beekeeper may be reason to challenge his say so,
the small scale beekeepers network quite closely as each
county-like area maintains a beekeeping school and all
apiaries must be declared (registered)

Another difference in conventions is the requirement that all beekeepers carry insurance on their hives and anti-biotic treatments are not allowed

Kathy Kellison