From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 16:54:12 -0400
Hello all..:)

I also have a question about raising a queen..I have a buchfast
colony..and I made up a five frame nuc.  I checked carefully to make sure
the queen didnt come with it....Now i have just checked it after about 8-9
days..and there are at least 6 queen cups...i see the curled up larva
covered with royal jelly....Success!!!!
I also chose frames with lots of sealed brood and also lots of sealed
Drone brood..so to raise the potential for  the queen mating with a pure
buckfast drone...
Now..since this is my first time..i am kind of feeling my way in the
dark..i have read The Hive and The Honey Bee...and the Encyclopedia of
Beekeeping..but i need some practical help with finding out if i will end
up with a mated queen in the end..Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

                          Ian Watson