From:
Bobbi and David <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:20:24 -0400
Hello all,

About a month ago I posted the question "Now what did I do wrong", thanks to all for the replies.  Now for a couple more questions.  Of the 4 packages that I installed ( A B C & D), originally the bees from B went to A and the bees from D went to C.  Ok, bad queens or whatever reason, they moved.  I purchased 2 Nucs to replace them (determined to make this work).  On hives A & C they have 2 deeps and 1 medium by this point. However, (finally comes the question) hives B & D are struggling along, C has 2 deeps and D still just 1 with 4 full empty frames.  Is it time to requeen?  Take brood from A & C and put into B & D?  I'm in NH and don't have a long season to try alot of tricks.  I hope that I have given enough info and not bored ya to tears. One other question while I'm at it. Are there standars in place as to what qualifies as a hive for pollination? ie. 3 frames of brood, etc.  Can it be 1st year bees or is it better for 2nd and on?

Thanks for listening

Dave