From:
Mats Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:51:33 +0100
Allen wrote: "Is Bee-Pro a good substitute?  Is it better than yeast? "

And i wonder:

What's the deal with feeding the bees yeast? I recently got a recipe for
sugar dough that is a mix between yeast (10%) and powdered sugar (the
remaining 90%). I tried it to see what it looked like and the consistency
was perfect. However, i was very sceptical to feeding yeast to my bees. Can
you tell me a little more? Is it OK for the bees to eat yeast? Is it even a
substitute protein source?

/Mats Andersson, Stockholm Sweden