From:
RICHARD BARNES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:49:22 -0600
Ok guys here is the scoop.  My father just found about 5 gallons(approx. 20
liters) of apple juice in his garage from the 1995 season.  The apple juice
is still sealed in the jars.  The juice was heated and jars steralized prior
to sealing.  No chemicals or preservatives have been added to the juice.
The only filtering was through a cheese cloth as the juice came out of the
press.   We opened one of the pint jars and the juice did not smell
fermented and I took a small taste and it seemed OK.  He still has juice
from the 96 season so we wanted to do something different with this 95 juice.

The juice is in standard canning jars--quarts and pints.  There is about
0.25 inches (0.6 cm) of sediment on the bottom of the jars.

Can I mix this 1:2 with sugar for feeding the bees?  Should I seperate out
the solids or is this good for the bees?

Comments

Richard Barnes